6th Annual Integrative and Holistic Nursing Conference
Bringing Healing to You and Your Patients
Saturday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1, 2016
Paradise Point Resort, San Diego, California
This course is a unique experience that includes an evidenced-based overview of holistic and integrative nursing. The latest research on nutrition, nutriceuticals and mind-body-spirit medicine will be presented by experts in the field of integrative holistic health.
The course format includes lectures followed by afternoon interactive workshops. Whether your goal is wellness, en¬hanced medical knowledge or a renewed sense of spirituality, this course is for you.
…WHAT IS INTEGRATIVE AND HOLISTIC NURSING MEDICINE?…
Integrative holistic nursing embraces conventional medicine and incorporates evidence-based complementary therapies that are grounded in science. Integrative holistic nursing focuses on the whole person, body, mind, spirit and emotions with a strong emphasis on the provider and patient partner¬ship. Integrative holistic medicine is based on the following principles:
- Health is more than the absence of disease
- A person is more than their symptoms and healing requires a whole-person approach
- Empowered patients make long-term and lasting changes that support healing
and optimal health
- Love, compassion and forgiveness are basic human needs which enhance healing
Nursing contact hours are available; however we believe that this course will also be applicable to medical doctors, physician assistants, osteopaths, midwives, pharmacists, psychologists, social workers and others who are seeking to expand their knowledge to include a body-mind-spirit approach to healing.
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of body, mind, spirit and emotions in health and healing
- Describe the difference between healing and curing
- Demonstrate a capability to treat the whole person, mind, body and spirit in any setting
- Demonstrate the importance of a provider and patient partnership in providing quality health care
- Assess and implement the importance of regular renewal and self-care for the nurse or health care provider
- Assess the research on nutrition and nutriceuticals in health
- Discuss the utilization of lifestyle change and complementary modalities in the treatment and prevention of disease
Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15199 for 12 Contact Hours No partial hours will be given.
…CREDIT BREAKDOWN…Friday – 5.7 contact hours Saturday – 6.3 contact hours
Scripps Conference Services & CME
11025 North Torrey Pines Road, Suite 200, La Jolla, CA 92037
Location: Pacific Pearl La Jolla Studio
6933 La Jolla Blvd. Park in alley in the back.